Fun and colourful local markets, lots of live music, a location right by the Atlantic Ocean, and loads of opportunities to work on and off-campus…
Does this sound like somewhere you’d like to study? If so, then Halifax, at Saint Mary’s University, is definitely the place for you!
While it has a great reputation as a fine place to “be a student”, Saint Mary’s academic programs also have great attraction of their own. “SMU” is renowned for the Sobey School of Business, the finest B-School in Atlantic Canada. Sobey has a Bachelor of Commerce option, MBA, Master of Finance and PhD programs – and all are AACSB accredited. With various other faculties offering degrees in Engineering, Computing Science, Criminology, International Development, Education, Environmental Studies, and much more, it’s no wonder that Saint Mary’s continues to attract over 1,500 international students to study in Canada each year.
Special services also help students to make the most of their “Canadian university” experiences. These include;
- Co-operative Education (work experience) Programs;
- A Career Services Writing Centre;
- A Centre for Academic Technology;
- Various English-language courses;
- An “FYI” Introductory Program; and
- Comprehensive international student assistance with all immigration, visa, and tax issues.
- Sample some of the fares on offer at one of the city’s many great restaurants, pubs, or live music venues
- Do your weekly shopping at the lively Farmer’s Markets
- Brush up on your Maritime history along the city waterfront
- Check out some live theatre, or get yourself in line to watch the filming of one of Canada’s favourite TV satires, This Hour Has 22 Minutes